In today's digital landscape, protecting data is essential, and cloud security is an element in achieving that goal. As companies flock to the cloud to store their data and applications, the significance of robust and sturdy security measures only becomes more in demand. Encryption, access controls, and monitoring are some of the techniques used in cloud security to protect data and applications from the exploitation of malicious actors. A study by Statista states that the top cloud security challenges involve data loss and leakage (69%), data privacy (66%), and accidental exposure of credentials (44%). However, it is worth noting that technology is not the only factor that can ensure complete security. Security training and awareness programs are equally critical in equipping employees with the knowledge and skills to recognize and counter potential security threats.
Table of Contents
- Protect cloud-based systems, data, and infrastructure
- Build and maintain cloud infrastructures… securely
- Beginner courses for Cloud Security Engineers
- Full control and complete visibility of your cloud infrastructure
Protect cloud-based systems, data, and infrastructure
Robust security measures must be established to prevent security breaches and protect sensitive information stored in the cloud. Here are some essential steps to take to safeguard your cloud-based systems:
- Choose a trusted cloud provider - A reputable cloud provider like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud plays a huge role in making sure that your data is safe. Do your research and ensure that the provider offers a well-built security structure.
- Implement strong access controls - Strong access controls need to be enforced to limit access to cloud-based systems and data to only authorized personnel. Use multi-factor authentication, such as biometrics or tokens, to add an extra layer of security.
- Use encryption - Encryption is a critical component of cloud security. Encrypt all sensitive data at rest and in transit to make sure that it's safe from hackers.
- Regularly update software and systems - Updating your software and systems is a huge step in setting up an effective security structure against known vulnerabilities.
- Implement robust monitoring - Robust monitoring detects any potential security breaches or anomalies. Use tools such as intrusion detection systems and log management to monitor and analyze system activity.
- Regular security training - Providing regular security training to all personnel is necessary to ensure that your team members understand the importance of security and how to mitigate potential risks effectively. This training should cover best practices for data protection, password management, and identifying and reporting security incidents promptly.
Build and maintain cloud infrastructures… securely
Building and maintaining secure cloud infrastructures helps toward protecting sensitive information and preventing security breaches. And the best part? You can make it happen by regularly training your employees on the latest data protection best practices, password management, and identifying and reporting security incidents promptly! You can empower them to be the first line of defense against potential threats with just a reliable training platform. Not only does this approach reduce the risk of security breaches caused by human error, but it also fosters a culture of security awareness across your organization. So let's get started and build a team that's ready to take on any security challenge!
Beginner courses for Cloud Engineers
Cloud security can be intimidating to master, but it's surely an in-demand skill right now. AppSecEngineer is one of the very few platforms that offer training for all three major providers: AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. Our team of experts, with their years of experience, developed a collection of courses from the basics to the most advanced. Here are the first three courses to try if you’re a beginner:
- Introduction to AWS IAM - AWS Identify and Access Management (IAM) helps in providing granular access control across AWS accounts. This course is dedicated to helping learners, such as aspiring cloud engineers, to have an in-depth understanding of AWS IAM fundamentals. Our team also incorporated a bunch of hands-on exercises for better learning retention and to help you experience what it’s like once you’re deployed in your workplace.
- AWS EC2 and Network Security Basics - Amazon EC2 makes deploying applications easier by scaling them up and down. AppSecEngineer’s AWS EC2 and Network Security Basics tackle everything that a cloud engineer needs to know regarding the network security features in AWS and Amazon EC2 security. Enriched with hands-on labs and purple teaming approaches, this course is designed to give you the experience and knowledge you’ll need to secure cloud-native apps and networks within AWS.
- Introduction to AWS S3 - Amazon S3 is a simple data storage that can retrieve any amount of information and data from anywhere on the internet. AppSecEngineer designed this course to give you a comprehensive understanding of how Amazon S3 works and how to best secure it. Starting from the security challenges that you’re likely to encounter with Amazon S3 to the best practices for security hygiene, this course, among many others that we offer, will boost your skillset to make you one of the most in-demand talents out there.
Full control and complete visibility of your cloud infrastructure
Are you ready to explore the full potential of your business in the cloud while keeping it secure? With absolute control and visibility of your cloud infrastructure, you can do just that! But let's be real, keeping your data secure and protected can be daunting, especially with the ever-evolving nature of cyber threats. That's where investing in cloud security training from a trusted platform like AppSecEngineer, comes in. Think of it like a superhero training camp, where your team will learn all the necessary skills and techniques to identify and neutralize potential threats before they become a problem.
From access control to network monitoring, your team will be armed with the knowledge and confidence to keep your cloud environment safe and secure. So, what are you waiting for? It's time to suit up, enroll in training, and take on the cloud with full force!
AppSecEngineer doesn't only focus on training cloud security engineers. With over 50 courses and 1000+ hands-on labs, we also have specially tailored training for:
Still hesitating? Sign-up for a FREE trial — No credit card needed!